Join the KAL

If you want to join the group send me your email and I will add you as an Author, which will let you post your progress, comments, questions or Pictures. berniebydesign@gmail.com

Friday, August 27, 2010

Countdown!!!!

I have started my sample.  I am using a white DK yarn and working the Baby Compass.  Both versions will be discussed as the journey progresses.  The first post will be Saturday morning.   I will work each section, photograph it, post a schematic for the particular section and also include my reasons for what and why I did what I did.  I will also welcome questions and pictures.  One thing I would recommend for the first time, is use a solid colour yarn as self patterning yarn does not let the textured pattern stand out.  I have done them in varigated/self patterning yarn and they are nice too, but more difficult to count pattern repeats.  I have not yet tried using more than one colour, perhaps that will happen somewhere down the road, or a member of this group just may try it. 

Join me tomorrow morning the jouney begins, MommaBearKnits

1 comment: